REPUBLIC OF CROATIA
Ministry of Science and Education;
Second Science and Technology Project (STP II)
IBRD Loan No. 82580-HR
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
for consulting services of
Supervision and Quality Control of Conceptual, Main and Detailed Designs for Centre for Advanced Laser Techniques (CALT) at the Institute of Physics in Zagreb
Proc. Ref. No.: STPII-CS-47
1. The Republic of Croatia has received 20 million EUR from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) for the implementation of Second Science and Technology Project (STP II). Through the STP II, the Ministry of Science and Education (MSE) has the objectives to (i) improve the capacity of Croatia’s R&D and innovation institutions to implement Europe 2020 strategy for increased investments in R&D through efficient absorption of EU funds and (ii) develop a pipeline of public and private R&D projects, including research groups, that could qualify for financing through EU structural funds. Within the implementation of STP II, MSE envisages to engage consultant for Supervision and Quality Control of Conceptual, Main and Detailed Designs for Centre for Advanced Laser Techniques (CALT) at the Institute of Physics in Zagreb.
2. In accordance with the regulation of Physical Planning and Construction (Official Gazette 78/15), MSES intends to engage a business entity comprising of team of professionals to control all phases of the design process and ensure the quality of development of designs for infrastructure project: Centre for Advanced Laser Techniques (CALT) at the Institute of Physics, Zagreb.
Envisaged team of experts:
- Project manager
- Architectural engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Civil engineer (Designer of constructions)
- Civil engineer (Designer of sanitary installations)
One of the required Key Experts (between positions 2 and 5) should act as Project Manager, as well.
It is acceptable to propose/nominate one expert for positions of key experts under 5. and 6. if his/her qualifications satisfy the requirements.
Eligible consultants should meet qualifications (regarding their education and experience) as described in Terms of Reference, available at the Ministry’s website.
3. The MSE now invites eligible candidates to submit their expression of interest, together with the curriculum vitae and references, in Croatian language.
4. The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011, under Selection Based on the Consultants’ Qualifications (CQS) method.
5. Interested Consultants may obtain further information regarding detailed Terms of Reference at the Ministry’s website or at the address below, Monday - Friday, from 9 A.M. to 3 P.M.
6. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below no later than November 18, 2016:
Ministry of Science and Education
Project Implementation Unit
Attn. Ms. Vesna Grbac
Donje Svetice 38, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
or by e-mail: STPII@mzos.hr
Tel.+385 1 4594551
Class No.: 910-04/16-04/00032
Reg. No.: 533-19-16-0001